TWO-DAY 4X4 TOUR OF ALTYN-EMEL NATIONAL PARK
Tour in Kazakhstan on SUVs from Silk Travel
Altyn-Emel tour program
Almaty-Tamgaly-Tas-Bashshi village-Singing dune-Bashshi village
- We are leaving Almaty. Our driver will pick you up at the specified address. Travel time is 2 hours (120 km). We arrive at the famous archaeological reserve Tamgaly-Tas, where during an hour's walk you will learn about the origin and meaning of the petroglyph for which this place is famous with.
- Then we will arrive in the village of Basshi, where we will check into a hotel and try lunch from local dishes.
- After lunch, we will go to the Singing Dune, one of the modern natural wonders of Asia. Here you can hear the famous "singing" of the sands, take breathtaking photos and learn more about this location.
- Upon returning to Basshi it is time for our accommodation, dinner and free time.
- We will start the day with breakfast and go to the Aktau mountains (1.5 hours on the way, 80 km). You can look at the beauty of the Aktau mountains while trekking and learn about their history and legends.
- Then our weekend tour in Kazakhstan will continue near the Katutau lava mountains. You will follow the route and see all the picturesque landscapes of this region.
- We will also visit a 700-year-old willow, one of the oldest trees in the region. Walking to the tree will be the end of the active part of the tour.- We return to Almaty (travel time app. 4 hours, 300 km). Our driver will drop you off at your place of residence or anywhere in the city.
What to take on a tour to Altyn-Emel
Comfortable walking shoes
6 reasons to choose Silk Travel’s tours in Kazakhstan
Diverse programs for tours in Kazakhstan
The most spectacular Almaty tourist places
Altyn-Emel tour to national park
Unforgettable trip - tours to the national natural park Altyn-Emel
The Altyn-Emel State Reserve was established relatively recently - in 1996, but managed to gain popularity and recognition among connoisseurs of real nature, the beauty of virgin mountains, the diversity of landscapes, vast expanses and cleanliness!
The national park is one of the sights of the Republic of Kazakhstan, every visitor and resident of this hospitable state should visit it at least once in their life.
In Altyn Emel, tours are very popular. People come here to see the beauties of nature, to see and hear the singing dunes, to enjoy the silence and vast expanses. The total area of the national park is almost 460 thousand hectares. The maximum width of the occupied territory is 30 km, and the length of the reserve is 200 km from east to west.
Altyn Emel Park is famous not only for its beautiful natural places. Many historical monuments have been preserved here, which were left to us from the Great Conqueror Genghis Khan.
What to see:
- this singing dune tour is especially popular (a sand dune 100 m high and about 3 km long);
- the most beautiful chalk mountains of Aktau;
- Katutau mountain range;
- Kalkans (small and large), etc.
It's better to watch it once. What's more, it's easy to do so.
In Altyn Emel, a tour can be ordered at our agency on favorable terms. Trips are organized from Almaty, the time and date of departure can be ordered on any day on our website or from our agent.
Altyn Emel Park is the most beautiful place in Kazakhstan, where you want to return again and again!